We have taken the precaution to cancel the majority of face to face meetings between families, children and young people (CYP) and staff, in light of official guidance to limit non-essential travel and social contact and we are reviewing this as the situation develops.
On a case by case basis, in very limited circumstances, as a response to emergencies, we will carry out face to face meetings for high priority cases (see definition below); however, these will follow the strict protocols on our risk assessment which are based around government guidelines and can be found here.
We continue to maintain contact with clients, referral partners and multi-agency staff where appropriate, by phone, text, email or video chat to offer and coordinate support and help combat feelings of isolation, check on their welfare and to link them into any community support being offered in their area.
Devon Family Resource family support services, and parental conflict family support services, offered (subject to capacity) are:
- Weekly phone calls, text message, email or video chat according to preference, to all current matched or case-worked clients;
- Welfare checks/assessment by phone or video chat for new referrals who are waiting to be matched with a family support worker;
- For high priority cases/referrals, telephone, email or video chat safety and wellbeing planning. High priority cases/referrals might include the following:
- Cases that have been stepped down in the last two months where concern is still high
- Cases that have been subject to a MASH consultation/referral in the last two months
- Cases that have little/no other agency input
- Cases where there is existing parental conflict
- Cases where there is concern about mental health of parents or CYP
- Cases where parents are concerned about the incidence of aggression from CYP
- Cases that have little/no extended family/community support
- Regular updates and useful information about parenting during the crisis via email and information on our website and social media channels: this includes films and downloadable resources.
- From June 1st, we will be operating a Devon Family Resource Parent Line (01392 949059) from 10-2 Monday to Friday, offering callers advice and support around communication and conflict resolution between family members, including children.
In addition to family support work, our trauma therapist is offering bespoke mental health and wellbeing support via phone calls, text message, email or video chat according to preference, for both existing clients, and new referrals which come through existing referral routes. To discuss any of our services or to make a referral please contact the manager on 01392 205800 or email email@example.com
Devon Family Resource Manager