Victim Support Services for Families with Children Age 0—18
Where children and families have suffered harm as the consequence of most types of crime we can provide a range of services to assist them to come to terms with what has happened and to be better able to face the future.
Devon Family Resource can assist those who have suffered harm in the following ways:
- Family support – home based support for the whole family
- Intervention service – support for children and young people aged 5 to 18 affected by crime
- Parental support – where parents are victims or struggling to deal with the impact of harm in relation to their children
- Building resilience – assisting families and children to access relevant support networks and to feel safer and more confident
- Restorative approaches – we have workers trained in restorative practice, and can convene restorative conferences where appropriate, and use restorative practice in supporting victims and working with those who have harmed others.